About the Rapid Recovery® Program
Providing Proven Orthopedic Solutions
Rapid Recovery, LLC is a service provider focused on improving the performance of hospitals' total joint replacement service lines through service line assessment, consulting, and total service line management.
The goal of the Rapid Recovery® Program is to partner with surgeons and hospitals to achieve improved cost-effectiveness and increased profitability, increased surgeon and staff satisfaction, and a better overall patient experience.
Now is the time to re-design total joint replacement
- Demand for hip and knee replacement will triple by 20301,2
- Surgeons and hospitals face uncertainty, declining reimbursements and rising costs
- Clear need for greater capacity, better results and lower costs
Previous clients have reported improvement in their orthopedic service line
- Decreased length of stay4–6
- Increased capacity for joint procedures3
- Increased surgeon, staff and patient satisfaction3,4
- Aligned goals: patient, surgeon, hospital, suppliers, payers
- Reduced variation—proven best practices care pathway5,6
- Time-tested standardization of supplies and labor
- Detailed change management and staff training regimen*
- Marketing support and unique contractual warranty
Proven results and increased profitability
Sample actual results from one hospital:**
- 92% Increased joint replacement volume
- 59% Reduction in length of stay
- $2.4M Increased profit
- Designated center of excellence
Contact us today to share with you proven solutions to improve your total joint replacement service line. We have an approach that will work for you.
Rapid Recovery, LLC – providing solutions that give you the competitive advantage.
- Steven M. Kurtz, PhD, Edmund Lau MS, Kevin Ong PhD, De Zhao MA, MS: "Future Young Patient Demand for Primary and Revision Joint Replacement."
- Jaffray Report, Feb 2011 (includes US market for Primary and Revision units).
- Friesen, Marcia: "Joint Replacement Centers: the ultimate in customer service." Orthopedic Technology Review, May-June 2006.
- Lombardi, Adolph V., et al.: "A Rapid Recovery Program: Early Home and Pain Free." Presentation at CCJR 2009 winter meeting; December 9-12, 2009; Orlando, Florida. http://www.orthosupersite.com/print.aspx?rid=67554
- Lombardi, Adolph V., et al.: "Rapid recovery protocols and minimally invasive surgery help achieve high knee flexion." Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; (452):117-122.
- NHS Elect (with the Dept of Health and West Suffolk Hospitals). Adopting a US model for elective joint replacement service. www.evidence.nhs.uk/qualityandproductivity
* Training method is U.S. Patent Pending
** Hillingdon Hospital, Pield Heath Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3NN (U.K.)